WELCOME TO RUNE!
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect information from you. We may collect the following categories of personal information about Users:
- Personal Identifiers, including Telephone number
- Online Identifiers, including Device identifier, IP address, Customer number, and Online identifier
- Internet Activity, including Interactions with websites, apps or ads
We collect the following categories of personal information about Prospective Partners:
- Personal Identifiers, including Email address
- Internet Activity, including Email open and click-through rates
Data We Collect Automatically: When you interact with us through the Services, we receive and store certain information such as an IP address, device ID, and your activities within the Services. We may store such information and the Services may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the amount of time users spend on voice chat, as well as the sites which refer visitors to Rune.
Aggregated Information: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the information collected. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
We may use third party web site analytic tools such as Google Analytics on our website that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our Services. However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider's website via your help screen.
WHERE INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
The Company is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
OUR LEGAL BASES FOR HANDLING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
To honor our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to our users, or to take steps at users’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them. For example, we handle personal data on this basis to create your account and provide our Services.
Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals: This includes:
- Provide Products or Services;
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience;
- Customer service;
- Marketing, e.g. sending emails or other communications to let you know about new features;
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property;
- Analyzing and improving our business, e.g. collecting information about how you use our Services to optimize the design and placement of certain features;
- Processing job applications;
- Managing legal issues.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The Company is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
Aggregated Data: We may also share aggregated information with our partners or others for business purposes.
You may provide us with ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such Unsolicited Information to others without limitation or attribution.
Our Services are for users age 13 and over and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We take reasonable steps to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We believe that users should be treated equally no matter where they are, and so we are making the following options to control your data available to all users, regardless of their location.
Individuals in the European Economic Area, Canada, Costa Rica and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
- How can I access the personal data you have about me?
If you would like to submit a data access request, you can contact us at email@example.com. We will then start the process and provide you a link to access the personal data that Rune has on you within 30 days.
- How do I correct, update, amend, or delete the personal data you have about me?
You can also request modifications from us directly by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with an explanation of what data subject right you are seeking to exercise. For your protection, we may take steps to verify identity before responding to your request.
The following disclosure is made pursuant to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
As a data controller of our clients’ personal data, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfillment activities. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
We process personal data under the following lawful bases:
- To honor our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to our users, or to take steps at users’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them. For example, we handle personal data on this basis to create your account and provide our Services.
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
Your provision of personal data is part of contractual obligation. If you do not provide the required data, we will not be able to provide you the expected services outlined by our contract.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Rune holds about you.
- The right to request that Rune correct your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted when it is no longer necessary for Rune to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing or push notifications.
- The right to request that Rune provide you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
If you have any questions related to this GDPR notice or our processing of your personal data, please send them to email@example.com. If you'd like to make use of your rights then please send a privacy request to us at https://privacy.rune.ai/privacy-request.
Information for California Residents
This section provides additional information for residents of California under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The terms used in this section have the same meaning as in the CCPA. This section does not apply to information that is not considered "personal information," such as anonymous, deidentified, or aggregated information, nor does it apply to publicly available information as defined in the CCPA.
Personal Information Collected in the Last 12 Months
We collect the following categories of personal information about Users:
- Personal Identifiers, including telephone number
- Online Identifiers, including device identifier, IP address, customer number, and online identifier
- Internet Activity, including interactions with websites, apps or ads
We collect the following categories of personal information about Prospective Partners:
- Personal Identifiers, including email address
- Internet Activity, including email open and click-through rates
Sources of Personal Information
We collect personal information about Users from the following sources:
- You (the consumer)
- Other Consumers
- Operating Systems
We collect personal information about Prospective Partners from the following sources:
- You (the consumer)
Business or Commercial Purposes for Collecting Information
We collect personal information for the following business purposes:
- Provide Products or Services
- Advertising and Marketing
- Error Management
- Quality Assurance
- Audit Current Interactions
We also "sell" (as defined in the CCPA) personal information for commercial purposes, including to advertise and market our products.
Information Disclosed for Business or Commercial Purposes in the Last 12 Months, and Categories of Parties Disclosed To
|Personal Information Disclosed||Category of Party|
|Personal Identifiers, including telephone number||Service Providers|
|Online Identifiers, including device identifier, IP address, customer number, and online identifier||Service Providers|
|Internet Activity, including interactions with websites, apps or ads||Service Providers|
|Personal Information Disclosed||Category of Party|
|Personal Identifiers, including email address||Service Providers|
|Internet Activity, including email open and click-through rates||Service Providers|
Your CCPA rights are described below. You can make a Request to Know or a Request to Delete under the CCPA by submitting a Privacy Request at the top of this page, or by clicking here.
Right to Know
You have the right to request to know the following about the personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- the categories of sources from which we collect personal information about you
- the business and commercial purposes for which we collect personal information
- the categories of third parties with whom we share the information
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose
If you make a Request to Know more than twice in a 12-month period, we may require you to pay a small fee for this service.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that you have provided to us. We will permanently delete from our records any personal information that is not necessary for our business operations and direct our service providers to do the same.
We consider information to be necessary for our business operations if it is used to:
- Complete an obligation to you that you have requested
- Detect and resolve issues related to security or functionality
- Comply with legal obligations
Right to Non-Discrimination
If you exercise your CCPA consumer rights:
- We will not deny goods or services to you
- We will not charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or penalties
- We will not provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you
Right to Opt-Out
You have the right to opt-out of any selling and sharing of your personal information.
You may exercise your right to opt-out here.
Before we can respond to any CCPA requests, we will need to verify that you are the consumer who is the subject of the CCPA request. Verification is important for preventing fraudulent requests and identity theft.
The verification process depends on which type of request you make and how you make it. Typically, identity verification will require you to confirm certain information about yourself based on information we have already collected. For example, we will ask you to verify that you have access to the email address we have on file for you. If we cannot verify your identity based on our records, we cannot fulfill your CCPA request.
For a request that seeks specific personal information, we ask that you sign a declaration stating that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request, as required by the CCPA.
In some cases, we may have no reasonable method by which we can verify a consumer's identity. For example:
- If a consumer submits a request but we have not collected any personal information about that consumer, we cannot verify the request.
- If the only data we have collected about a consumer is gathered through website cookies (i.e., the consumer visited our website but had no other interaction with us), we are unable to reasonably associate a requester with any data collected; therefore, we cannot verify the request.
A California resident's authorized agent may submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete under the CCPA by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests submitted by an authorized agent will still require verification of the person who is the subject of the request in accordance with the process described above. We will also ask for proof that the person who is the subject of the request authorized an agent to submit a privacy request on their behalf. An authorized agent that has power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code section 4121 to 4130 must submit proof of statutory power of attorney, but consumer verification is not required.
If you have trouble accessing this notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any privacy-related questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.